1. Thanks for directing Hancock.
2. Thanks for the tone, which I would describe as "mythic frat boy." However? One less butt joke wouldn't have hurt the movie at all.
3. Thanks for casting Will Smith, and making him NOT use that killer smile, which made us all the hungrier for it. (Did you know his wife Jada Pinkett-Smith help dog whisperer Cesar Millan get his start?)
4. Thanks for casting dog-loving Charlize Theron, letting her be byoooootiful, and allowing her to kick the emotional ass we all know she can.(Did you know she's a member of PETA?)
5. It goes without saying, thanks for casting my imaginary boyfriend Mr. Jason Bateman, who manages in this movie to make behaving like a reasonable adult very, very sexy. (Let's see--did you see him in Dodgeball, A True Underdog Story?)
6. So...now that I have thanked you, will you please stop shaking the camera? I know you're a Real Filmmaker. You made the brilliant Friday Night Lights, and the shaky-cam made total sense in the film AND the TV show. This movie, not so much.
But y'all...please go see it. It's raggedy--but it's really something.